Trust Thamesmead is working in partnership with Greenwich Community College again in offering free Taster and Level One Accredited Award courses in Community Development.
The next set of courses which will take place at Trust Thamesmead office in Thamesmead Town Centre begin in November 2010:
- Community Development Taster Course, five week course every Thursday, 11:00am-2:00pm, 11 November-9 December
- Community Development Level 1 Accredited Course, six week course every Wednesday, 9:30am-2:00pm, 3 November-8 December
Open to everyone aged 16+ who lives, works or volunteers in Thamesmead, the course can benefit you in so many ways including:
• Learning how to take control
• Discovering problem solving techniques
• Learning how to deal with new challenges
• Meeting new people and learning from their experiences
• Learning how to inspire and lead your group
But don't take our word for it!
Arnott Pre-school Manager and previous course attendee Tracy Norcott said: “I had been chipping away at one particular issue for years; by attending this course everything just clicked! It gave me a different perspective on how to deal with the issue and it's worked!”
Whilst another previous course attendee Julie Feleppa said: “I learn about group dynamics, their development and how they work as well as learning how to reach those hard to reach groups.”
If you would like to find out more or register for the course/s, please contact Rachel Wiltshire at Greenwich Community College T: 020 8853 7034.