Trust Thamesmead is going from strength to strength as it works towards building a brighter future for people living in Thamesmead.
The Trust, which is the major community development agency working in Thamesmead, has just published its latest annual report which clearly shows that the work the charity is doing is now making a real difference in the community.
The organisation's Chief Executive Mick Hayes said: “I am very proud of all that we have achieved and the progress we are continuing to make. Everyone has stepped up to the next level both in terms of the quality of the work we have done and its impact on the community of Thamesmead.”
The Trust's work is based around six key priorities which are: speaking up for the local community, building up the capacity of local groups, organisations and people, helping to improve the lives of children, young people and their families, building skills for work and life, developing community cohesion and working to improve the social, leisure and sporting facilities and services for local people.
Highlights in the year being reported include:
• Bringing Bexley and Greenwich councils together to consider Thamesmead priorities as a whole
• Exceeding all targets set for its Building Futures jobs and training project
• Assisting 17 local groups to access funding and supporting their development into stronger organisations
• Re-launching the cAve indoor climbing wall resulting in a significant increase in benefits to the local community, both educational and leisure
• Restructuring its Arnott Pre-School to extend the provision and an afternoon service for more children
• Creating a Youth Providers Forum and providing young people with high quality information about activities available to them in the summer holidays and increasing youth provision is specific neighbourhoods.
• Uncovering a wealth of local talent through its T-Factor talent showcase and delivering the hugely-successful Trust Thamesmead Summer Festival
Chair of the Trust's Board of Trustees, Jackie Smith, said: “The past year has been exciting and challenging and we expect it to be no different next year as we continue to embed our key priorities and set even more challenging targets.
“I would like to thank everyone at the Trust and the many local community groups, agencies, schools, businesses and our other partners for contributing so much to our agenda for change. We could not have achieved as much without them.”
View a copy of the Trust Thamesmead Annual Report online or obtain a copy by contacting the Marketing & Communications Department, Trust Thamesmead, 19a Joyce Dawson Way, Thamesmead Town Centre, London SE28 8RA. Tel: 020 8320 4470.