Thamesmead has been shortlisted for a £50,000 People’s Millions grant run by the Big Lottery Fund, in partnership with ITV but we need your help!
The funding, should we win it, will be injected into our Wild About Thamesmead project, breathing life back into Thamesmead’s derelict nature reserve, Tump53 off Bentham Road, so residents can get closer to nature in this magical hidden wildlife garden based right here on your doorstep.
The competition is based on the most votes; the project with the most votes wins the money, which is where you come in! We would ask you do one of the following on Tuesday 26 November...
• Buy a copy of the Daily Mirror who will be printing the People’s Millions phone number exclusively assigned to our project, which will allow you to vote anytime 9:00am-midnight on that day only
• Log back on here as we will publish the number as soon as we get it on 26 November
• Email us and we’ll notify you of the telephone number as soon as we have it on 26 November, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Look out for one of our volunteers ion who will be scattered around Thamesmead, giving out leaflets featuring the telephone number
• Tune-in to the 6:00pm ITV evening news on Tuesday 26th November. Not only will they give you the telephone number but they will also tell you more about People’s Millions and show you a brand new video clip about our project
Whatever you do, however you do it on 26 November, please pick up the phone and vote for Thamesmead!
If you would like to volunteer and help distribute flyers to members of the public to promote Wild About Thamesmead on 26 November, click here.
The People’s Millions application was put together by London Wildlife Trust in partnership with Trust Thamemead and Gallions Housing Association who work with residents, community groups, businesses, schools and service providers throughout Thamesmead.
Find out more by watching London Wildlife Trust's video.
Let’s get everyone in Thamesmead behind this. Tell your family, friends and neighbours, heck, tell the person sitting next to you right now, even if it is a stranger*. This town deserves reward and recognition.
*Not recommended to those under the age of 18
Please note calls cost 11p from a landline. A maximum of 10 calls can be made from any one phone line, other calls made will not be counted.