Friends of the Earth have chosen Trust Thamesmead's Jubilee Community Centre to hold a public meeting to debate the issue of climate change in Southeast London.
The meeting is taking place 7:30pm on Thursday 1 November at the Jubilee Community Centre, Lytton Strachey Path, off Titmuss Avenue, Thamesmead. It is there Thamesmead residents will have the opportunity to:
• Have their say and hear what others are saying about climate change in Southeast London
• Talk to their local MP John Austen and Robin Webster from Friends of the Earth
• Meet other Friends of the Earth supporters in their area
Since Friends of the Earth launched the Big Ask campaign, more than 130,000 people have challenged their MPs to introduce a strong climate law which is being introduced by the government to the House of Commons next month.
Friends of the Earth invite you along to the event to ask Erith and Thamesmead MP John Austin to say yes to:
• 80% cuts in UK carbon emissions by 2050 in line with current scientific opinion
• Clear annual milestones, so policies are assessed regularly
• Including emissions from aviation and shipping